Monday, July 20, 2015

Just Because

I am so grateful.

 Because I have a place to call home and cats to bond w/ when I am in the mood. Because I have a family and people who I can go to. Because Bon Iver Pandora radio station is a thing. Because there are friendly people that smile, and compliment and make earth a better place for no reason at all. Because I moved to a small town that forever changed my outlook on life. Because children are the greatest things that make even the most simple things seem explicit. Because snow cones in the summer and rodeos w/ dang hot cowboys. Because I can be forgiven of my sins and transgressions. Because you can always buy new chapstick, no matter how many times and tubes you have lost. Because airplanes are a thing and you are completely capable to travel where ever whenever. Because there are gifted people who share their talents. Because pictures are so easy to take. Because missionaries are allowed to email on Mondays to start my week off right. Because basketball boys. Because people are so different and can vary in a million ways. Because spell check is always there to help a girl out. (didn't almost spell girl, "gurl".) Because sunsets behind mountains every night. Because FRIENDS is on Netflix. Because I am able to increase my talents and abilities. Because fuzzy socks. Because there is nothing better than ice cold water after not having it accessible. Because I was able to maintain a 4.0 GPA all throughout high school. Because there are hot returned missionaries that show up to Singles Ward on a day you didn't want to go 100%. Because meeting new people could change your life. Because sleepovers and bonding, getting able to know the best kind of people even better. Because I can choose and have only a million different choices yet to come. Because I have the ability to write down my thoughts and think what I want. Because I live across the street from my best friend. Because I can go buy an icecream cone. Because I have a wrap around porch where I can sit and watch the cars pass by. Because I can read and enjoy the small town library at the table behind the rows of books. Because people recognize my PT Cruiser that I got from a cute old lady when I turned sixteen. Because I have been able to struggle, and learn, and grow for myself.

There is so much out there and I am ecstatic. I can not even begin to tell you how much I have loved and appreciated living where I have lived and meeting who I have met. I know that our Heavenly Father puts us in situations and possitions that push us and try us and make us become the people that we are meant to become. I know that He has a plan for me and because of that I have no need to fear. There is so much to be grateful for and just because you had a bad day does not mean that you're doomed for the rest of your life. He knows you, personally, better than any list you could ever come up w/ about yourself. It is so comforting to know that I have someone cheering me on the whole way. That no matter how hard I struggle or how tempted I am that He is absolutely, 1000% on my side. I am grateful for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, because I know that everything will work out.


No comments:

Post a Comment